providing comfort year-round
Since 1964, Fox Plumbing & Heating has provided customers throughout Seattle, Kent, Mercer Island, Bellevue, and King County with the industry standard in plumbing, heating, and cooling services. Whether you are facing a large plumbing problem, need AC maintenance, or have a failing furnace, our expert staff are here to find a solution in a timely manner. We are fully committed to taking care of your most essential comfort systems, which is why we always get the job done right the first time.
Seattle Furnace Installation
Quality Furnace Replacement in Seattle for Reliable Comfort
Fox Plumbing & Heating offers furnaces for any home and any budget with expert installation throughout Seattle. Since 1964, we have been committed to supporting the local community and delivering the highest quality service to save our customers time and money. Whether your old furnace is dead or you want to upgrade before it stops working completely, Fox Plumbing & Heating can help you find the right furnace for your home and budget.
Call Fox Plumbing & Heating at (206) 654-4986 today to discuss your options and get a free estimate for your new furnace installation.
When to Consider Furnace Replacement
Most homeowners choose to replace their furnaces when the units get older, stop working completely, or exhibit signs that the furnace is near the end of its life. Poor performance can indicate that the furnace needs to be repaired. However, if the repair is too expensive, it may be more cost-effective to replace it.
Signs that you need furnace replacement include:
- Equipment is more than 15 years old – If your furnace is older than 15 years and working fine, no problem. But if it breaks down then consult our Seattle furnace replacement experts because sinking money into a dying unit is money down the drain.
- Burning smell when you start the furnace – The first time of the year you turn on your furnace you might smell some burning dust. But if the smell of something burning persists then it might be time to upgrade your unit.
- Increased home heating costs – As your heating unit ages, it may require more inputs to achieve the same level of output that you’re accustomed to. While this won’t be noticeable in your indoor air environment, you will definitely notice it when you go to pay your monthly utility bill.
- Loud banging noises – You should know what your furnace sounds like by now. If you notice any abrupt changes or sounds audible from the next room over, contact our Seattle furnace replacement specialists because something could be very wrong.
- Insufficient warmth in your home – If your entire home is too cold or even you have some parts colder than others, this is usually an indication of something wrong with your heating element or maybe your ductwork.
Upgrading your furnace improves efficiency and reduces operating costs. Older furnaces often operate at or below 80% efficiency, which means that 20 cents of every dollar spent on heating your home is wasted. New furnaces operate at 98% efficiency, which saves a significant amount of money in monthly operational costs alone.
Determining the Cost of a New Furnace
Many homeowners put off replacing their furnace due to concerns about the cost of a new installation. However, if your furnace is old and not running efficiently, you can actually save money by upgrading to a more efficient unit.
There are several factors that contribute to the cost of a new furnace:
- Size – Choose the right capacity for the size of your home
- Energy efficiency – Furnaces range from 80-98% efficiency with more efficient systems being more expensive upfront
- Installation complexity – How many additional components we may need to install
Choosing the right furnace is essential for a number of reasons. The size of your furnace will determine its performance, whether it can provide consistent heating in all areas of your home, and ensure lower heating costs. Washington State Code requires that furnaces must be the correct size to secure a permit for the installation. Our professional HVAC team at Fox Plumbing & Heating can assess your needs to help you find the right furnace and provide a free estimate for the installation.
We offer top-quality oil and gas furnaces at prices to fit every budget. Once we have completed your furnace installation, we will provide reliable maintenance to keep it working well for many winters to come.