ac repair & maintenance
providing comfort year-round
Seattle AC Repair & Maintenance
The Trusted Choice When Your AC Breaks Down
It is best to contact a professional at the first sign of a problem with your air conditioner. Fox Plumbing & Heating is a local contractor providing AC repair and maintenance in Seattle, Renton, and throughout King County. We have served the local community since 1964 and remain committed to helping our customers save time, money, and hassle. Our qualified HVAC technicians can help restore your air conditioner and prevent future breakdowns.
Contact Fox Plumbing & Heating today at (206) 309-4240 to make an appointment with our Seattle AC repair experts.
Subtle Signs You Need AC Repair
1. Smells that are off – Since cooling air requires a decent amount of condensation, sometimes you’ll get mold or mildew growth in your unit or ductwork. You may also smell something burning coming from your air vents which in the summer usually means you need AC repair.
2. A noticeable change in noise level – By now you should have a good idea of what your unit sounds like and if there’s been a noticeable change, then call in our AC repair experts sooner rather than later so that nothing loose breaks another part.
3. Water or ice accumulation – Water can leak from the condensate line or the drain pan and ice can accumulate if you have a dirty air filter that blocks the unit from getting the airflow.
4. No airflow or less airflow – If you’re getting no airflow it’s likely your unit is off or the blower fan is malfunctioning. But less airflow usually means you have an issue in your ductwork that’s losing cooled air.
5. Changes in your indoor air quality – Your AC is responsible for keeping humidity at bay, but if you notice an uptick in your home’s humidity levels then get in touch with our Seattle AC repair experts.
Should I Repair or Replace my Air Conditioner?
Whether you have central air, a ductless system, or a heat pump, everything needs to be replaced eventually. As equipment ages, it becomes less efficient. Central air conditioning systems and heat pumps usually last about 10-15 years. Ductless split systems can last up to 20 years. If your system is near, or past, its expected lifespan, replacement may be the most cost-effective solution.
Signs your AC is beyond repair:
- AC constantly blows warm air
- Strange, loud noises come from the unit
- You’re constantly spending money on repairs
- Your electrical bills keep rising without a change in use
If you aren’t sure whether to have your system repaired or replaced, call Fox Plumbing & Heating. Our professional technicians can inspect your air conditioner to find out why it’s not working and take the time to fully explain the problem as well as your options so that you can make an informed decision.
We Repair All Major AC Brands
Our heating and air conditioning experts at Fox Plumbing & Heating have extensive training to provide the best possible repair service no matter the brand of your air conditioner. Every one of our service trucks is a fully stocked Warehouse on Wheels (WOW) with a large variety of tools and parts necessary to diagnose and repair most common air conditioning problems quickly and efficiently.
Our technicians are equipped to repair:
- Central air conditioning systems
- Heat pumps
- Ductless splits
- Zoned systems
We understand the impact that air conditioning failure can have on your home’s comfort. That’s why we are here when you need us, with same-day service for AC repair and maintenance throughout Seattle.
Can My AC Make Me Sick?
Air conditioners are essential when it comes to your comfort during the summer. However, did you know that if they’re improperly maintained, they may contribute to illnesses and allergies? In an age when your health should be priority, there are ways to safeguard yourself from unnecessary contaminants.
Some things about your AC to be aware of include:
- Keep reasonable temperatures – By ensuring your AC temperature isn’t too low, you can alleviate dry skin and nasal passages for better comfort. Additionally, this reduces the wear and tear on your AC unit.
- Replace air filters – Air filters trap all sorts of mold, bacteria, and other contaminants. If not regularly replaced, your AC will blow all of this into your home and hurt your health.
Prevent Future Repairs
Your air conditioners coils, filters, and other integral components require regular service to maintain reliable performance and energy efficiency.
The benefits of regular AC maintenance include:
- Improved energy efficiency
- Fewer breakdowns
- Lower repair costs
- Home utility savings
- Longer equipment life
- Better indoor air quality
Your air conditioning system is a big investment, and we can help you protect it with our professional maintenance service. In most cases, annual maintenance is recommended by AC manufacturers, and failing to do this may even void your warranty. Our technicians offer a thorough inspection and maintenance service to help you make the most of your investment.