providing comfort year-round
Seattle AC Replacement
Providing Seattle AC Installation
If the time has come to upgrade your air conditioner, a heating and cooling specialist at Fox Plumbing & Heating can help you find the perfect new AC system for your home. Our technicians are trained and equipped to perform high-quality AC installation in Seattle, Renton, and the surrounding King County communities.
Call Fox Plumbing & Heating today a (206) 654-4986 to learn about your options for a new AC installation in Seattle or surrounding areas.
When to Replace Your Air Conditioner
Eventually, everything needs to be replaced – including your home’s HVAC system. While replacement is a big up-front investment, it may be the most cost-effective solution, especially if your system is old and tends to break down frequently.
Signs that it’s time to replace your AC system include:
- Your system is more than 10 years old –The average AC lasts for about 10 to 15 years. If your unit is older than 10 years, it will start breaking down more often. It might be better to replace the air conditioner.
- Frequent equipment breakdowns – As your AC gets older, it’ll require more effort to work at full capacity. It might be more cost-efficient to simply replace the unit with a new, energy saving model.
- Expensive energy bills – If your energy bill continuously increases without you using more energy, your old AC might be at fault. Older systems require more energy to work like they once used to.
- Inefficient operation – If your AC fails to cool your home or just doesn’t work the way it used to, it’s time to install a new AC system.
At Fox Plumbing & Heating, we are dedicated to helping our customers save time and money. We have a solid reputation for providing honest, trustworthy service for our customers. We can inspect your existing system to help you determine if replacement is necessary.
Types of Air Conditioning Installations
You have a few different options to cool your home. Central air conditioning systems keep the entire house cool, which makes the hottest months of the year more comfortable. If you are looking into replacing an existing central air conditioning system and have existing ductwork, this may be the best option for your home and budget.
Pros of Ductless Mini Split
Cheaper installation costs – If your home doesn’t have ductwork already installed or you only want to add air conditioning to a few areas, a ductless mini-split system may be the best option for you. This is so because of how much cheaper these wall mounted units can be when you factor in the fact that you don’t have to install ductwork.
Less noise – Ductless heat pumps offer a more quiet solution to heating and air conditioning. As both traditional HVAC units and ductwork can be rather noisy, ductless mini splits are relatively silent often emitting half of the decibels compared to a traditional unit.
More energy efficient – Since these units don’t lose treated air to duct leaks and they let you control which rooms receive what temperature, they’re more energy efficient which means you’ll spend less and have a smaller carbon footprint so contact our Seattle AC installation experts.
Versatility – Just like a traditional heat pump, a ductless split system can provide both heat and air conditioning. So instead of worrying about one unit for winter and the other for summer, you can get everything you need in one unit which lessens your installation costs substantially.
Benefits of a New AC Installation
1. Increase the value of your home – If you’re considering putting your home on the market any time soon, you’d be surprised at how much potential buyers would value a new ac installation. Not only does it show that your home is state-of-the-art, but environmentally friendly as well.
2. Improve indoor air quality – All HVAC units will impact your indoor air quality as they get older. So if you notice an uptick in humidity or dust around your home a new air conditioning installation should help improve that.
3. Save off utility bills – As AC units age, they’ll get a little bit less efficient over time. Not only will will consulting our Seattle ac installation experts save you money off your electrical bill, but a new unit will also make your home more environmentally friendly.
4. More cooling – Nothing feels better than stepping inside of a nicely cooled home in the heat of summer. If you’re noticing that you’re just not getting the same level of cooling that you once grew fond of, a new unit should help.
Choosing the Best AC System for Your Home
Once you have made the decision to upgrade your existing air conditioner or would like to install air conditioning for the first time, you will need to choose the right system for your home. We can explain the options available for your house, townhome, or condo, and help you select the most ideal system.
When recommending a system, we consider factors like:
- Sizing – The capacity of the AC unit must be proper for your home’s square footage
- Outdoor space – We will ensure you have the space needed to meet local noise ordinances, such as the distance from the system to your property line
- Inside space – We will consider the sufficiency of your ductwork, cold air return registers, and fan or air handler
We are happy to provide free estimates for AC installation in Seattle and the surrounding communities. Our cooling specialists will evaluate your home, help you determine which type of system will best suit your needs, explain the options available, and provide an estimate for the cost of the project.